Lead sanitation employees in a food production environment: implement policies, procedures and recommends improvements in sanitation methods, equipment cleaning, cleaning procedures and working conditions. This position is accountable for every aspect in their assigned area of ownership. Possess the ability to learn basic principles of sanitation and the Master Sanitation Schedule with moderate supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities Indicate “ Essential Functions ” with Asterisk (*)
• * Abide by and enforce all regulations, policies, cleaning procedures, GMP’s, and instructions.
• Follow all safety & SQF Food Safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment.
• Ensure that all employees within area of ownership follow these rules at all times.
• Ensure area of ownership (Zone) is clean and organized, and free of potential hazards to employees. The plant is a dynamic environment, and must be maintained throughout the entire shift.
• Monitor employee behavior and practice to maintain safe work environment.
• Validate sanitation criteria for entire process and materials using the SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) for each specific item. • Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the cleaning and sanitizing process.
• Interpret cleaning procedures and company policies for workers.
• Confer with other leads to coordinate cleaning activities between shifts.
• Maintain sanitation data such as time, waste, and chemical usage.
• Observe work, and monitor employees to ensure that they conform to cleaning and sanitizing standards.
• Report issues, problems and/or observations on a daily basis to supervisor.
• Demonstrate positive leadership practices with employees, providing regular feedback, and contributing to a positive and motivational work environment.
• Train new hires and document to account
• Delegate assignments to team members and follow up to ensure completion
• The employee understands and complies with all food safety policies, procedures and programs as stated in the Company’s Food Safety Manual. Skills and Experience To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Oral Communication—the individual speaks clearly and understands verbal instructions.
• Organizing—the individual prioritizes, uses time efficiently and plans ahead when required
• Quality—the individual demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and monitors Zone product workmanship to ensure quality.
• Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Safety and Security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and manages equipment, processes, and materials properly.
• Continuous Improvement—the lead tracks all sanitation aspects to protect the business and strive for perpetual excellence.
• Managing Diversity--proven ability to work with a variety of people, based not only on legally protected classifications but also differences in communication styles, learning styles and other differences.
• Motivating Others--demonstrated skill in contributing to a motivating work environment.
• Ethics and Values--demonstrated ability to maintain the highest ethical standards in the work environment.
• Integrity and Trust--demonstrated skill in earning and keeping co-worker and direct reports trust.
• Perseverance--demonstrated skill in working toward goals despite encountering obstacles.
• Drive for Results--focus on and commitment to achieving outcomes required. Qualifications
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
• Must be able to improve working conditions (safety, quality, cleanliness, & costs) and increase subordinates' skills and capabilities.
• Must be able to assist Supervisor in improving a system of chemical control, standard operating procedure, safety, quality control, and performance management
**Staff Mid-America is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.**