The MET Lead and Maintenance Technician I is responsible for the troubleshooting, repair, preventive/predictive maintenance, and process improvement of all production equipment. Their Primary duty is to maintain and repair production equipment systems and to follow directives set forth by the Maintenance Supervisor and/or MET Lead.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow all Safety, Food Safety, GMP, and Company specific policies and procedures.
- Actively promotes a proactive maintenance culture by reinforcing precision maintenance, proper defect identification & elimination, and promoting follow-up work completion.
- Actively promote quality preventive and predictive maintenance through feedback and assistance in improving equipment maintenance strategies.
- Ensure assigned PM’s, work orders, and reactive repairs are completed. Ensure daily that assigned PM, planned work order, and reactive repair work order Megamation documentation has been properly completed.
- Ensure all equipment is in mechanically available status and performs as expected for production runs.
- Communicates all maintenance issues with Maintenance Supervisors, Maintenance Superintendent, and Maintenance Manager in accordance with escalation process.
- Always work in a safe manner with optimum productivity.
- Ensure turnover log information is submitted to the Shift Supervisor by end-of-shift.
- Participate/Assist in maintenance crew training and development.
- Practice good housekeeping and 5S processes.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner with proper dignity and respect for all company team members.
- Assist in the development and support Continuous Improvement processes.
- Complete other duties as assigned, or duties may change based on business needs.
Technical Skills Expectations:
- Effective and proper use of precision measuring instruments, computers, and other diagnostic tools as needed.
- Read schematics, diagrams, and technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Install and maintain various belt types, pulleys, sheaves, chains, gears, sprockets, gear reducers, bearings, couplings, and chain drives.
- Perform repairs, preventative maintenance and troubleshooting for all mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems in accordance with established standards.
- Have Basic (level 1 of 4) knowledge and maintenance abilities of 80% of Production equipment as denoted on the Flex Matrix.
- Develop/Have ability to train other maintenance personnel on equipment repairs and maintenance.
- Develop, Possess, and Practice Leadership “Soft-Skills” by setting the proper example, demonstrating proper dignity and respect for all company team members, taking every opportunity to learn more and help the team, and leading the way to improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned
**Staff Mid-America is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.**