Now hiring dependable, hard-working Machine Operator for a well-known company in Southwest Omaha.
The position is Monday – Thursday, 7:00 am – 5:00 pm with the option for overtime.
Preferred experienced Machine Operator (CNC Lathe, Swiss, and Machine Center) but willing to train the right person. You will produce or repair precision parts using both manual and automated equipment and accurate measurements. You will need to possess manual dexterity and an eye for detail as well as mathematical and mechanical knowledge and respect for safety precautions. Pay is commensurate with experience.
• Review samples, drawings or instructions to understand specifications of output
• Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job
• Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping
• Select appropriate machines (e.g. lathes) and position or load material for a job
• Determine and program size of batches, speed of machine etc.
• Monitor machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature and identify issues
• Check output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects
• Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
• Perform routine machine maintenance and repair minor damages Requirements
• Proven experience as machinist
• Experience in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders etc.)
• Ability to use precision tools (e.g. calipers) to take accurate measurements
• Knowledge of the properties of metal and other material
• Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
• Good at math with analytical abilities
• Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy items
• High school diploma or equivalent; completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship will be an asset
To apply please COME IN to one of our office locations with TWO forms of identification and a resume , Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm